Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
500 Rs

Could be an interesting one up for auction?

34 posts in this topic

Hi all I am still in italy now the rs 500 needed a lot of work and money spent on it.iI came to buy the csi group a I thought I had a good budget but prices were crazy a load of us from the uk sat together all were there to buy various cars nobody got anything the romour was that there were 15000 bidders registered all paying 100 euro each for sure people got carried away but it's is the biggest auction ever in Europe there was some fantastic stuff there

RS 500 Registrar likes this

I registered for telephone bidding

it was free, but did have to prove funds and fill in five page form

prices were crazy, when the guy phoned me for the sierra rs500

I told him do they know the engine is on a palate and broken,

we also thought the bmw 635 would go for 40,000 euros

and the sierra for around 50,000 euros  

Wish I had stayed at home there were 5000 bidders at he auction don't know how many on line if you go to the rm Sotheby's web site all the prices and details are there when you see them you will see how crazy the prices were 30k plus for a Coca Cola sign lol

Re bmw I have the listerine m3e30 vic lee car so this car was on my shopping list (of course for the right money) the shell was very similar to a matter shell if not a matter shel basically it was a rolling shell with running gear with the right dog leg getrag gearbox but all other bits missing

it wasn't bad money if you could fine some history (I did think there would be some because of the build centre locks and air jacks on it) but it came up before the csi group a I decided to keep my money for that car in the end I got neither but think you are right not a bad price