Sign in to follow this  
RS 500 Registrar

A new car found

ARE 0589

These pictures turned up on facebook , a few cars dragged out of storage over in singapore .

They were spotted at the Port of tauranga

It is thought to have been a JTCC car that ran in Trampio colours , but painted into the GGR Mach 5 colours to sit  the Petronas Museum.

13921111_1239803799385301_366404042638811713_n.jpg

14021536_1239803762718638_2946868794154317461_n.jpg

13939501_1135084163229898_22203902274041081_n.jpg

No Rouse emergency pulls in the one wing either. The only LHD Rouse I have ever spotted was the Silver/blue one that was later thundersalooned.

Jims ICOM car was a hybrid BBR/Rouse I recall built up from two damaged cars over that way, wonder if this one has some connection to the remains of the Rouse.

There used to be a lot of customs carnet swapping back then, maybe what looks like an egmo shell took the ID of the Rouse in order to travel and race later on?

If I remember correctly the first Trampio was a RHD Rouse, so also maybe that car was built back up into a spare egmo shell once the egmo car arrived and kept the ID of the Rouse?

Paul

eggenberger used Mater roll cages , and that isnt a mater cage , also the fuel fillers are wrong for a later eggmo car

The arches are 100% not how eggenberger changed them , and also the bumper mounts and air duck brackets are rouse

The new owner says its a gen Rouse car , and i would say he should know  , lol

Some under side or under bonnet pictures would tell us 100% either way , but it sure doesnt look like an egmo shell to me ( unless this was built to the correct legal requiremnts ), unlike all the other eggmo shells ,, lol

I am sure he does Paul, but it is the only Rouse I have ever seen with no indent in both front wings, the air jack lance in the front grill and lhd, so a rare car indeed if it is such.

21 hours ago, PAUL S said:

I am sure he does Paul, but it is the only Rouse I have ever seen with no indent in both front wings, the air jack lance in the front grill and lhd, so a rare car indeed if it is such.

Lets hope some more pictures turn up so we can hope to work it out , lol

Jerry you are correct, it started life as a RHD example and then went out to Moffat to run in the ANZ colours but Rouse later converted it to LHD for Ford France for the French championships after it returned from Australia in period.

From what Martin had said in the past when he owned it, that car also ran the full length chassis rails so may have even started life as one of the RHD Rouse Merkurs.

It's been converted back to RHD now and is back in Aus in its ANZ colours.

Rouse has stated in the past that he never built any LHD cars, but the CMS example seems to have always had the steering wheel on the wrong side! :-)

This is a very interesting car! 

Looking at old pictures from the JTCC trampio 1989 cars was either the eggenberger car now found 3467-1  and a Trampio livery which does look like a ARE car, RHD cut out in both wings with air jack in the front slam panel. As far as the 1899 season this could well be this car only questionable part is inside is a light grey colour?

Looking at the 1990 season a car I feel is more suited to ARE0589 is the Napolex livery car, white inside and out, window wiper in central position, air jack in central slam panel and no front wing cut outs. Only problem RHD. What we think? any more info on the car?

I dont see why you would get rid of certain aspects of the car if all its purpose is too site in a museum 

Do you have the Link Paul to have more of a look?  

Thanks Cossie 500 for the image it was a big piece of the jigsaw the car still has Music by Quart on the dash. 

We believe the car was also used in the 1990 JTCC car number 11 Object-T Trampio driven by Hisashi Yokoshima but posted images also show him driving what appears to be a eggenberger car with the same livery, same season but with a white interior so still need to do further homework.

The interior was black as Rob has just posted and it does have the "Rouse cut out" on the LH guard.

Andy has emailed us advising it was built as a LHD car for a Swedish customer, Logically I searched CMS race history / images but they don't stack up. Needing help on the last piece of the jigsaw...

look,s  like  andy rouse  build sow many  rs500  he can remeber ,,,,  even in my country  run  1  that have the cut wing  swits  ,,  the  most  rhd  in japan  are  are  ,,,,  the  shimzou  dunlop   the  cosmo  oil   the first trampio   the  fet    the sity life the advan light blue     and others may forgot,,,,now  in my  mind  pops  up  that  exept  the  smc  rs500  in jtcc and  macau guia   run  the  blogvist  johanson  team    both lhd  black rs500...