Sign in to follow this  
kieran

Super Touring Car Trophy

Having seen the first round of the championship and Craig Davies driving he's Brooklyn rs500 I was wondering who else is going to race in the championship?

Andy Cam shipping

Paul Lui

Labatt's?

Shame to hear Paul, I must admit watching them stick it to the super tourers at Silverstone classic was a highlight for me!

what plans do you have for yours Paul?

They seem to be swaying towards the super tourers more now. 

It's a great shame, 2012 was a mega highlight for me, was very lucky to have been able to go the Silverstone classic media day, and took build 463 to the silverstone classic actual event, super tourers at brands Hatch near me in couple weeks, I will be there.

Well Silverstone classic has been and gone with a little bit of disappointment in the air, Brooklyn and cam shipping cars was the only rs500 on track that was genuine, a dodgy texaco liveried car made a showing for 2 laps then came off. Cam shipping lasted 2 laps each race which was a shame as Andrew puts he's blood, sweet at tears in the car. Brooklyn was a hero as usual that Craig can peddle that car and it seems a very good set up.

On another note a cam shipping xr4ti was on the programme to race, I didn't see the car as it didn't make on the track but could be the Andy rouse xr4ti shell that went missing?

shame the rs500's are being hidden now where's the labatts? Both wolf cars? Djr and the mobil cars? It's a expensive hobby I get that but maybe there's a way to set up some sort of sponsorship?

Will you be making a appearance next year as you have the Lui car? I remember that car racing and was always on the button giving the Brooklyn a great battle and even the super toures top runners

On 09/08/2016 at 7:33 AM, kieran said:

Will you be making a appearance next year as you have the Lui car? I remember that car racing and was always on the button giving the Brooklyn a great battle and even the super toures top runners

Thanks for asking that in your other thread post Paul.

Anyone else go to Silvertone classic?

Andy what was the problem with your car?

Hi Kieran sorry for the delay in answering !! Issues with the car .......... Just before Silverstone there was the Brands Hatch round of the super tourers I let the guy who has very kindly lent me his gearbox do the race & the engine failed ! So I swoped it for the engine that was in the black car at Silverstone unfortunately my set ( 8 injectors old school turbo etc ) Zytec wouldn't run it properly & the head had a small crack ! So over night I went back got a head put it back together but couldn't source a head gasket & even though it was a WRC one it leaked so a very frustrating weekend. But now the guy is putting his engine in with his gearbox & he's running it on the 5/6 nov at Silverstone hopefully all ok !  & yes sponsors are the answer for sure. I'm hoping that my gearbox & engine will be ready for refitting for the new year :-) 

regards andy