Sign in to follow this  
bendy

Road Shell and Light weight motorsport shell(s)

Just noticed this ad on FleaBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281972372782 

The road shell would be nice for someone, but the light weight motorsport shells are what perked my interest - unfortunately it just is not economical to buy those things and ship them over here. . . . If the motorsport shells are truly the light weight version this this would be a great find. 

If the motorsport shell was vastly different from my road going base model car then I think it would be worth that but they are not far apart and this has no ID so would only ever be a dedicated track toy / show queen or a sierra build up with iffy history

The lightweights actually appeared way too late into the game, by late 89 the Cossies days were numbered in top line motorsport, very few were actually built up into period race or rally cars or used to reshell original race cars.

I paid £600 for a new one years ago with all closures, and under a grand for a road shell the same, they tended to trade for around £2k a few years ago, asking prices jumped in recent times, but whether anyone paid more I doubt, a new original 86 spec shell though is another matter, ultra rare but do exist.