Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tommen

RS500 paper of authenticity or a certificate

Guest Tommen

Hello all :)

Thanks for this perfect site to share our interests and love for these special cars.

I think it would be really nice to have some kind off evidence from the registrar that shows the whole world, ourselves,

people who doubt, for car shows, insurance and for family and friends that our RS500´s is the real deal)

Would that be possible?

or is it just a stupid idea?

(My nick is RS500-026 on this forum but I was not able to get my nick in the post :'()

I´m sure the registrar know me by both names now? ;)

Best regards

Tommen

Norway

Hi Tommen

I have given this a little thought over the last few hours and altho it would seem a simple thing to do i have a little problem

Lets say i give a letter of Authenticity to lets say mr X as he tells me his chassie number etc etc and it all seems fine

Mr X then sells his rs500 for big money to somone and later the car turns out to be a ringer / clone etc

Problem is that i will be lible as i have given the car a letter of authenticity to say its all ok

In this culture of blame i sadly cant do such a certificate as i am open to be in a lot of bother if somthing goes wrong

Even if i have seen the car and im happy to says its the real deal , i dont know what happens to the car after i have issued a certificate

Im sure you see where im coming from

Paul

Hi Tommen

I have given this a little thought over the last few hours and altho it would seem a simple thing to do i have a little problem

Lets say i give a letter of Authenticity to lets say mr X as he tells me his chassie number etc etc and it all seems fine

Mr X then sells his rs500 for big money to somone and later the car turns out to be a ringer / clone etc

Problem is that i will be lible as i have given the car a letter of authenticity to say its all ok

In this culture of blame i sadly cant do such a certificate as i am open to be in a lot of bother if somthing goes wrong

Even if i have seen the car and im happy to says its the real deal , i dont know what happens to the car after i have issued a certificate

Paul

Hi Tommen

Paul

Thanks for the answer :)

I understand the trouble it can get you in.. and that is the last thing i want to happen..

Its just that I am so interested to have a real "RS500" certificate that shows that I am the owner off the car

if you know what I mean..

I am pretty sure that if it was hard enough to get only the real owners would have one,

like showing the passport, chassis number and stuff ;)

It would mean a lot to me as I am a "insane" enthusiast :)

Paul i think Tommen could be talking about the build sheets that Martin Thomas did , basic info , you know the ones  ;)

That would be more than good enough for me!

I have a old version off a build sheet with someone else's name on it :'(

Thanks ;D

That would be more than good enough for me!

I have a old version off a build sheet with someone else's name on it :'(

Thanks ;D

I've seen them sometime ago...

If some one can re-make them I would also be interested in that sheet.