RS 500 Registrar

Restoration of a legend , #70

Forgot to add these pics of the proper body kit fixings that fit into the proper wings, it's all in the detail some of this gets missed when people view cars as a lot of these kits now just get bonded on 8) or just screwed with self tappers straight into the arches

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Well well we are now 97% done, 070 she's back on her wheels after nearly a year of living on a ramp lol she's all dressed up with her spoilers,body kit, pin stripe etc. MOT time next but I don't see a problem pretty much everything is new or been refurbed so she better pass lol. A few teaser pics attached I will get dome much better pics put up after early next week of the completed car after she's had her final polish and clean up ;D but I think from the few pics here you get the idea.

Paul has done a phenomenal job in bringing this car back to such a high standard and as many of you remember this car was bottom of the barrel and when I bought her possibly the cheapest RS500 in existence. But with much hard work and a few quid this 500 has been elevated to a much higher standard. 

Definately an RS500 now to be looked on with a very different view, I hope you will all agree with that. As I said before this car in my eyes needed saving and I am personally astonished at the cars transformation from a horrible looking unloved car to a now very very presentable RS500. Yes there are still some small bits to do but the list of wrongs this car had has been all but been corrected.

Like to know what you guys think and please be honest but not brutal lol8)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Jason

I think we forget what this car has had done over the last year

1, Full engine rebuild , and into a gen rs500 block

2, Full under bonnet restoration

3,Full underside restoration

4, Full body restoration , inc,

2 new front wings / inner and outer rear wheel arches / repair damage to o/s inner wing / New tailgate / full repaint inc inside all apatures / new bodykit / new pin stripe .

A mass of new parts inc , Suspension / suspension bushes / front and rear brakes / exhaust / headlamps / indicators / 500 grilles / clips / screws nuts bolts ,,,,,,and the list goes on

It has been a headache , but at the same time a treat to see what once was a very poor example be rebuilt into a very very fine example ,

Thank you for trusting me with all the work , and i cant wait for you to see it in the flesh

Paul

18 hours ago, rsjas251 said:

SHES MOT'D woohoo lol just got to get her home now!!

:))

Good job Jas and Paul - Jas, you must be happy that it is MOT'd and ready to drive after so long and with so with so many improvements - Paul, you must just be happy that it is finally gone out of your workshop :)