Sign in to follow this  
bent65

Group A Dry Break Fuel Holes

Hey Guys.

One of the cars I am restoring has had its dry break holes welded up in the quarter Panels , from it time as a sports sedan.

I have the originals and want  to reinstate the dry breaks but was wondering if anyone ahd a good way to recreate the radii that curve the quarters back into the dry break fitting?

Its going to be  a bugger of  ajob but my panel guy is a wizard.

I was thinking of turning up a dolly ?

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/bent65/media/IMG_36311_zps90a65e96.jpg.html

http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/bent65/media/IMG_36321_zpsb943ea22.jpg.html

Any ideas would be great.

cheers Ben

Hi ben

The fuel fillers should be bigger than the hole  so make up a template from paper or card board mark where you want the hole to be then you can either use a hole saw  or drill a hole and hand cut  or drill lots of holes and hand finish with a file it doesn't  have to be perfect because if you have the right fillers they will cover your work it's not a big job paul has some of the fuel fillers  for my car maybe he can put up a photo of them if you don't already have some so you can see what to get

Ian

I think Ben means how to put the curved edge inwards where the fuel break fits

I would cut the hole , then fit an old dry break and use that as the dolly and use a rubber hammer to curve the edge to be a perfect fit against the dry break  ;)

Silverstoneclassic039.jpg

That's correct sorry for my unclear ramblings.

Great idea Paul, I will try that. maybe layer up some tape to soften the edge of the dry break fitting as my cars had a nice radiused roll into the fitting. 'insert pic'

DJR2 was very similar if not the same. I think the Listerine GGR arrangement isn't the norm , however distinctive to it.

Can anyone give me a 'how to post pictures for dummies' ?

I tried the Photobucket thing but cant get them back off photobucket and onto the post?

Also I have heaps of scans that people have requested to put up?

cheers Ben