Sign in to follow this  

Eggenberger Trampio RS500.

I know very little about the Japanese 500s sorry, problem is searching their websites is nigh on impossible if you dont know the language.

I have tried in the past but google just does not translate very well and picks up stuff from everywhere but Japan

Internally its white which usually signifies a customer car rather than one of the original ex works Texaco cars.

Pretty sure Tamiya made a 1:20 model kit of this car though. I have some period pics, will dig them out later.

Hi Paul / Keiran,

It is really just the meaning of the chassis number I don`t understand. I know all the history of the car, that part is without doubt. Just that 3467 could not possibly relate to 1988 when the car was built. But it could just be a specific customer related number.

Alex

Hi Paul / Keiran,

It is really just the meaning of the chassis number I don`t understand. I know all the history of the car, that part is without doubt. Just that 3467 could not possibly relate to 1988 when the car was built. But it could just be a specific customer related number.

Alex

Completely agree it looks 100% from the photos!

Yea I imagine that's it with the chassis number as but well worth asking martin see if he knows anymore.

Anyway get some more photos up looking forward to it!

As Kieran says , Egmo chassie numbers usually go

88 02 etc . meaning year 1988 , 02 meaning number 2 car built in that year

Works car has there own numbers , but your number system is new to me

Chris Bowdens JTCC rouse car has a std system rouse chassie number also , not specific to JTCC

Paul

These are trampio sponsored cars but some look to be a different spec, more Rouse based rhd spec? so it could be they swapped builder at some stage through the seasons. There are quite a few still lost in Japan based on the pics I have I would say at least 6 to 8 cars unaccounted for.

89no2trampiotg2_zps2a0be45c.jpg

90no22ciessepiuminioe3_zps892024b4.jpg

88no1trampioap5_zps8a5b4dac.jpg

89no1trampiosp3_zpscc428371.jpg

90no11trampiolg7_zps86f06719.jpg

There is very little out there about the Asian RS500s Mark, as it was all reported in a different alphabet to ours so google is pretty useless.

The race cars though were very popular back then, and still must be around in museums or sitting as exhibits etc, the Japanese though move on quickly, they dont seem to like modern historics yet so they are still viewed as just old worn out european racers no doubt.

Yes Paul this is a LUI car, full evolution spec. Was last raced on the nurburgring 24hr, started out in texaco colours this is on his papers for the car.

He bought all of ringshausen parts when he had finished with the 500s.