Sign in to follow this  

Eggenberger Trampio RS500.

Hi I am new on here. Thought you blokes might be interested to know about another RS500 race car  coming to the UK.  It is the RS500 Eggenberger built for Trampio in Japan in 1988.

It raced in the JTCC in 1988, `89 and `90. It won the Championship in 1988. It has not been used since retiring from racing at the end of 1990, so it is very well preserved and original.

I will attempt to post a few pics. Alex

Alex welcome to the site mate, is the car in the uk now,  what are your plans for the car, race/track days or for show?? Oh and congratulations, what a buy and find. Paul.

Not exactly sure what will happen with the car at this stage. It should arrive next week & a decision will be made after it has been checked over. After having sat still for 24 years it will need a lot of attention. But it is so original and unmolested, that will make life easier. Alex

Wow! Awesome find, so what's the story of the car? Was it always the trampio colours or came from texaco etcc?

Does it have a 99*** number like the other cars or was it sold to japan like the anz car?

Wow! Awesome find, so what's the story of the car? Was it always the trampio colours or came from texaco etcc?

Does it have a 99*** number like the other cars or was it sold to japan like the anz car?

As I understand the car was built by Eggenberger specifically for Trampio Toyo. So it was a new car when it arrived in Japan. So no history prior to that.

I don`t really understand the chassis number on this car ? Does anyone have an understanding of what it means ???  EGMO 3467-1.......Alex

As I understand the car was built by Eggenberger specifically for Trampio Toyo. So it was a new car when it arrived in Japan. So no history prior to that.

I don`t really understand the chassis number on this car ? Does anyone have an understanding of what it means ???  EGMO 3467-1.......Alex