Sign in to follow this  
racer

how long have you had your 500's ?

Hi guys, firstly well done to Paul, and thanks for setting this web site up.  I have never posted on any forums before, despite owning Cosworth's for 20 years now, of which I have been lucky enough to own 8 RS500s, to of which I have owned twice... I have owned 2 Moonstone, 2 white, rest black.  Current car is build 400, brought from Mark "Bonkers" around  months ago.  Want to own this car for a very long time, but as Paul knows, struggling with it being standard, I like modified 500s, but this white one I brought is mint, and low miles, and my fav colour!!!

Just over 5 years ago we bought our old dog, she wasn't the prettiest and might have been broken for spares!!

Our very first day of driving after the rest... just made the 20th celebrations at Silverstone - all thanks to Paul for sorting that ;)

7.jpg

Yes I couldn't work out what the noise was and slowed a few times to listen... thinking what the heck!!

The car wasn't really quite complete, as the lack of lower rear spoiler shows. What we did not know at the time was that the new water pump was faulty as a return hole had not been drilled. Luckily our capillary gauge warned us before we seriously overheated and blew up.

What a day  ;D

pump_no_hole.jpg

Hi all, firstly very good site paul good to bring everybody together, And i owned my first white 500 (423) nearly 4 yrs ago bought it off paul had it 2yrs then sold it back to him and bought (481) moonstone 500 off him. We have done some strange deals over the years but i car`nt fault paul good to deal with and very honest to deal with. Very happy with my new 500 its under going a light resto at the moment or should i say thats what it started as but as you all know you end up with a bare shell, LOL. I will up load pic`s when i get stuck into it and learn how to put them onto the site. :-[

Hi Mark

welcome to the site mate

Thanks for the kind words , and yes we have done a bit of wheeling and dealing lol

Me and jo will pop over one night to see you all

Paul

I have had my 500 for 15 years this November (2012).I had the option to buy her back in 97,which nearly cost me my marrage but it was worth it :o.After a year of tidying + referb.she spent 99 on the concoures circuit,taking first in 500 class of that year and second on National Day.But as mentioned before ,wot should have been one winters tidy up plus a little more refub has now turned into12 years  :-[. Buying another 3dr has not helped any as this is where most of my time and money has been going >:(