kieran

Andy Rouse chassis Numbers

Thinking about ARE cars and reading some interesting paragraphs had me looking through some more pictures.

1 in particular was the Macau guia Tim Harvey car and seeing photos the car in question does have a blue inside colour, which would correspond with a paragraph I read that said this was he's labatt's Sierra ARE 0389, shows how far these cars got around.  

On 18-2-2017 at 6:03 PM, kieran said:

Any body have the chassis number on the CMS car? Was this 0387?!

The CMS car doesnt have a Rouse number.

On 22/02/2017 at 10:19 AM, RSRoy said:

The CMS car doesnt have a Rouse number.

Cheers Roy, I heard somewhere that was a chassis number that went to Europe and Japan, must of crossed wires. 

Only pic I have ever seen of anything similar is this one, which from hazy memory was a converted Merkur used for promotion when the 3dr entered the btcc.

Those look recent? whats the story on the car?

53eb_1.jpg

Looks like someone has found and restored that converted Rouse Merkur then in that period promo pic, based on the tags build date :-)

I don't recall it ever running in that scheme though either as a 3dr or an RS500

I always thought it had morphed into the ANZ car that was later converted to lhd (then recently back to rhd) as that was also a Merkur shell to start with.

On ‎13‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 0:21 AM, PAUL S said:

I always thought it had morphed into the ANZ car that was later converted to lhd (then recently back to rhd) as that was also a Merkur shell to start with.

ARE 87005 is the Rouse / Moffat / Tassin ANZ car for Bathurst '87 and was a new build for that year rather than an XR4Ti conversion.

Paul and Roy - I can't comment on the configuration of the car when Martin had it, but when I looked into buying that actual car last year, I did my due diligence. Part of this was speaking to Andy Rouse and I asked him explicity whether 87005 was originally built as a Merkur and he confirmed it wasn't. It was a brand new build during '87. Hope this helps. :)

Yes you could Roy, from memory they were shown in the "How to prepare the Sierra for motorsport book" I used to own.

The ANZ car though was the only one I had heard of that had them fitted, which made me think it could have originally been a Merkur shell, but it seems that was a red herring. Wonder why just this chassis had them retro fitted.

Whats the back story to the Motorcraft liveried car Roop/Roy? that has recently surfaced.

I know the Speedware DTM winning car also has them fitted.

What I have understood from the Motorcraft liveried car is that is was the test mule for the Cosworth used by Rouse.

On 03/12/2016 at 12:23 PM, PAUL S said:

Does anyone know what race this is from? It has drivers Brock/Jones on the side??

scn0055.jpg