kieran

Andy Rouse chassis Numbers

Since acquiring my car, I have spoken at length with RSRoy to try and determine the history of the Rouse cars sold to Brock for the '89 season. What is clear is that the second car was the 1987 ICS liveried car driven by Robb Gravett. Don't have a chassis number for it though I'm afraid...

Well, there is a photo with Brocky standing next to a car what looks like to be Gravetts ICS car. But well respected people say ARE KAL 0188 was crushed in Australia in 1990.

Thats not correct Paul. It was damaged yes, but not to the point it couldn't be repaired. From what I have learned they repaired the car. And only after the roll of Andrew Miedecke in 1990 it got crushed. 

I imagine a few of the bits from 01 88 ended up in this one

4A633575-8DB0-45AF-B969-42D96B966AC9_zpsmpbhcrgr.png

Various random pics I have of the Brock cars, some of these may be of yours Roop, do you know when and why your car lost the emergency pull indents in the wings?

Also wondering why the later locally built brock 500s kept with the Kaliber interior and engine bay colours?

brock003e.jpg

brock004e.jpg

2014 Shell.jpg

The Kaliber and ICS cars had a silver cage. Brocky later painted it blue when the cars got refreshed. At this point the cutouts have been welded up and the air jack nozzle to transferred to the grill. Because that is a central position. Having the nozzle on right side is not ideal with pitlanes on the left of the track :) 

I am sure Rupert will reply with more info.

Hi guys,

Some great info as always and thanks for all the photos Paul, some of which are my car and some are of the 1990 Dencar built car recently restored by Andrew Miedecke.

The cages of both the Rouse cars were updated at various points throughout their careers with the Brock team. My car has had its cage configuration changed at least twice, the last change being a switch back to as near to an '89 spec cage as possible (along with interior) when it was in New Zealand. The Brock cars were painted inside and out (I honestly thought the interior colour was a bit different than when it was in Kaliber scheme but maybe not - You guys are good on the detail).

As Roy mentioned, the air jack connector was moved mid-89 just before the Sandown 500 and Bathurst 1000 enduros. For Sandown, the pit garage is on the offside of the car making the hose connection on the driver's side just fine, but the garages are on the nearside of the car for Bathurst so having the hose connector on the offside would be a pain. For this reason, they put it in the middle of the car making it suitable for both. Prior to Sandown, the car had some cage changes and some other cosmetic tweaks in addition to the air jack connector being relocated. Interestingly, the wings on the car are original, and you can still see the recess on the offside wing from under the wheel arch as they simply blanked it off rather than replaced the wing. The wing is 1988 original, testament to both Rouse and Brock being clean drivers.

Great update.

As an aside do you know if the Yacco cars ever found a new owner? I did speak to the guys english speaker at one point but could not get a great deal of sense either.

Not seen them pop up anywhere since.

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:56 PM, PAUL S said:

Great update.

As an aside do you know if the Yacco cars ever found a new owner? I did speak to the guys english speaker at one point but could not get a great deal of sense either.

Not seen them pop up anywhere since.

The Eggenberger Yacco car (EGMO 90-02) is still for sale by the guy that bought it off Ruedi. I went to see it in France some years back and although fundamentally solid it had clearly been unloved. Stood in a warehouse (along with a Rouse car) on flay tyres, covered in dust and with no engine in her.

Yes, we chatted about it online at the time, interesting that  they are still with the same guy, I recall the pics from about 2001 when both cars were up for sale on the carclassic website, clearly he has no real intention of letting them go!

They were £25,000 each back then and I think 100k euros each when we spoke, probably 8 years ago now?

Roy has updated me on the back story of the egmo one, we chat quite a lot about the 500 touring cars.