Sign in to follow this  
Chris Bowden

Ringhausen / Eggenberger RS500 for sale

Was the ANZ Martins old car?

The initial ANZ Moffat car was a Rouse build and Martin eventually bought it. Moffat later replaced it with a works spec Egmo 500 which shocked a few aussies apparently when he rolled it out to first race as Rudi would not supply cars to privateers whilst he ran the Texaco works outfit at the time

Well it's been a while since this post was started , and I'm now long overdue saying I bought this great car , and here is how it looks today after a lot of effort.

I did a massive amount of background work  and built up a massive history file on the car , and after talking to Kai Ringshausen ( whoes family run the car back in the day ) he was pleased to confirm this was the 88 car driven by Manuel and also the later 88 / 89 car driven by Volker Weidler in the same colours but revised livery ,, The same livery the car was in when i bought it .

The car has great history and im so proud to own a Eggenburger spec car

We stripped the car and gave it a fresh coat of paint ,, refurbished the original wheels and fitted new stickers back as the 88 ( and much nicer ) livery

The engine loom has been replaced with a brand new Rachem loom and a much more user friendly P8 , super 8 ECU fitted

Plans for the car are to enjoy it and maybee one day change it to the Texaco livery that the car also did run in back in 88 ,

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by RS 500 Registrar

Sadly the only picture i have of the car in Texaco livery close up ,, there are a few on the net but there far away

Still proves it did run in the famous Texaco livery tho ,,, yum yum

Shame the picture makes the red look pink ,,lol ,, but i can assure you its red

You can also see Manuel is wearing his usuall Lui livery helmet ,, also visable in the picture below when the car is in Lui livery , with Texaco coloured wheels

10656333_539846639449861_345812666_n.jpg

Some will notice that the air jack lance is not in the grille on the early pics of the car in Lui and texaco livery

The lance was up on the rear of the bonnet , but later moved into the grille after a front end crash in late 88

A picture that most wouldnt want the world to see ,, but with race cars its so important as this helps prove providence ,, the repairs to the front end are very easy to see when you look at my car today , as they basicly just cut the front end of the car in front of the turrets and welded another complete front end on , and altho not visable from under the bonnet , looking under the wheel arches clearly shows where they joined it

10965667_564333657003082_956932532_nkkkkkiiiiiii.jpg

Just to add something useful to this topic.

3 pics of 99266 from the 89 season. This is Volker Weidler driving:

10966805_10205356362924325_1771664438_n_
10967952_10205356363004327_1470918795_n_

And here in round 6 on the Nurburgring it's Pierre Dieudonné in Pauls car:

dieudonnea_zpszjhtabug.jpg

Great pics Paul of a phenomenal looking car!

Its like xmas finding new pics of your car. They can often answer niggling questions, especially the privately taken shots in the pits or grid or in the paddock. Also great to nail down the reason the lance point was moved. 

Youre in a tough position of deciding whether to Texaco up the car or leave Lui as they are both superb liveries. Don't think anyone actually feels sorry for you though ;D

The best way out for you is to find the other Lui car buy it so you can livery one of each.

Is the Texaco car in front the trucks the other Lui car? It appears to have dry breaks in quarter panel. What  other cars ran in the DTM red Texaco colours?

I couldn't agree more about repairing underlying damage as these battle scars are the history of the cars. I think make it mint on the outside and leave whatever else you can live with. I found reasonable inner wing damage on one car that I couldn't pin down then found one small shot of the car after hitting the fence at Bathurst and made perfect sense of the hasty TAFE repairs.

cheers Ben