Sign in to follow this  
PAUL S

Look like another of Brocks 500s has resurfaced?

I recall reading recently the Sheene one was rebuilt locally and reliveried. Will try to find the article.

One of his 500s was in a museum in Tasmania as part of a big Brock collection, and was recently up for sale, so I am guessing this is probably the rebuild ex Bazza one. As mentioned there were three, the ex rouse one (back here now) and two cars built in Aus from kits.

Barry crashed it whilst testing for a magazine article the week before it was due to be raced, apparently Brockie said whatever thats life!

Something does not add up with this one,

Brock brought 2 Rouse RS500's to Australia for the 1989 Australian Touring Car Championship in Jan 1989.

One was the 1988 Kaliber Rouse RS500 ARE 0288, The car he used throu' 1989, This car had blue interior.

The other was the 1988 Gravett ICS RS500, Rouse 1987 Cosworth/RS500, ICS plc , Blue interior. ARE RSC 0187 (?)

( The Second Rouse RS500 , Peter Hall car had a white interior)

The second Brock Mobil RS500 was for Brad Jones, this is the car Barry Sheen wrote off. ARE RSC 0187(?)

I dont believe this car was ever used again, most likely scrapped.

The new RS500 was built (by Dencar) most likely using all the parts from the written off ARE RSC 0187(?)

ARE 0288 got a steel cage at this time as well.

So if ARE 0288 is in the UK and the newer rebuilt Brock Mobil RS500 is still owned by Peter Champion in his Brock collection in Queensland there can be no other Brock Mobil RS500 Sierra's??

If this person has bought the RS500 from Peter Champion then it may be OK

I guess we need more details

Cheers

Carl

not    ARE RSC 0187 

AS THIS WAS MY OLD EX ROUSE 87 CAR EX MOFFAT ANZ

Rouse does his chassie numbers:

ANDY ROUSE ENGINEERING ROUSE SPORT COSWORTH  ( FIRST CAR BUILT IN 1987 )  (0187)

was for sale by robert in australia but i think he has sold it now,

Oh dear Martin me old fruit, your not having a lot of luck with chassis numbers are you ?? At least mines on a plate so I only have to drill out four rivets & then can stick it on whatever  shell I want lot easier  :D;) swopping all the rouse tweaks to another shell etc is a different story .......

Good luck Andy

The Mike Steele who piped up in that thread is an Australian.

Yes, at the moment there are 4 Brock Mobil cars in existence, when there should just be two. Its a bit of a bunfight, but not too hard to work out what's where  ???  ;)

I should not think it would be to hard to work out the imposters given your experience with the cars Chris  :)

I guess the Sheene car has morphed into two or more, a bit like the wolfs above, with parts being spread across two later shells?