Sign in to follow this  
Tommen

AP Racing rear brake setup

Hello. I have decided to put my car back to original..

And I think there are some rare parts that maybe should find its way back to RS500 race cars.

They need some paint stripper and some new paint..

I removed the rear brakes, And wonder if someone can tell me about these :)

null_zps264a8398.jpg

As you can see, 3312 120 and 3312 121

042387dd-76d2-48f0-af42-ba9b69eb6464_zps2d2d90bf.jpg

It looks like they are matched :)

And here are the brackets:

1fb90ddb-d880-426d-80c5-2b2999f72db8_zps1dc30e76.jpg

Just love the 909 Motorsport parts :)

How much can these be worth?

Pretty sure they are rally rather than race spec. The Group A 500s used radial mount calipers rather than lug mount as they were fitted with bespoke hubs.

Rare parts though  :) price wise I imagine £400 for the 4 calipers without rotors, maybe £700 if rotors are included and in good order

Mornin gentlemen,

the Grp "A" sierra's used various types of caliper and mounting set up's, most used the lug type mount, the 909 brackets look to be the conversion for a modified rear arm as used on Rouse cars, there would only be 2 calipers Paul.

Andy

Mornin gentlemen,

the Grp "A" sierra's used various types of caliper and mounting set up's, most used the lug type mount, the 909 brackets look to be the conversion for a modified rear arm as used on Rouse cars, there would only be 2 calipers Paul.

Andy

The rear hubs are modified to fit these brackets.

I have seen that Andy Rouse used modified standard rear carriers on his racers..

And from reading the papers that came with my car, it seams like the original owner actually knew Mr Rouse.

Its madness to remove these parts from the car, but its not allowed to have hydraulic handbrake connected to the brakelines.

Another thing is that my gearbox has fitted group A gears.. what is that?? different ratios?

Hi Tommen,

the Grp"A" cars had different gearbox's to standard cars, they had the dogleg first Getrag, the later sierra's racing in Australia had 6 speed Hollinger unit's, your car may have had some sort of uprated ratio's fitted ?

Andy

Hi Tommen,

the Grp"A" cars had different gearbox's to standard cars, they had the dogleg first Getrag, the later sierra's racing in Australia had 6 speed Hollinger unit's, your car may have had some sort of uprated ratio's fitted ?

Andy

Yes I know about the Getrag boxes :) But I have a document that says it has GRA gears..? I can take a picture of those documents :)

tommen i have a very similar set ,but mine has the lugs and has a fordpart number 87bb.....stamped on them but its quite hard to makeout the full number

cheers james

Cool! Strange how many parts they made to get the cars on the track :)

I thought it was much work to get all the parts trough the homologation..?

Tommen take the diff cover off and you should find a Quaife unit in there, I was supposed to buy this car a few years ago before Gary sold it to a guy in Norway. It was also supposed to be fitted with a Quaife box, I would check them mate.

Tommen take the diff cover off and you should find a Quaife unit in there, I was supposed to buy this car a few years ago before Gary sold it to a guy in Norway. It was also supposed to be fitted with a Quaife box, I would check them mate.

Hmm.. OK.. Yeah I remember :)

The papers say it should have ZF diff.. But it feel like a standard diff.. I have to check it out :)

The gearbox looks like a normal T5 unit.. I was told they changed the clutch here in Norway..

but the clutch was worn out when I took the car apart.. I think some of the good expensive parts is lost on the way..  :-[

Is there a way to see if the box has quaife internals?

CTS Hold the pattern on the Quaife gear kits for the T5 ,its not unusual for them to stamp the box with a code, this was my one - I checked back at CTS and they told me all about the build date and details ...

9100100009.jpg

I sold some brakes like this a little while back. I think they went to a guy putting them on the rear of an RS200. Didn't get much for them though; less than £400 if i recall correctly. Bit of a limited market out there!

Cheers

Iain

I sold some brakes like this a little while back. I think they went to a guy putting them on the rear of an RS200. Didn't get much for them though; less than £400 if i recall correctly. Bit of a limited market out there!

Cheers

Iain

OK.. Maybe I should just keep them ;)

Look what I found behind my diff cover :)

Not a standard or quaife unit.. Is this ZF?

null_zpsc8265258.jpg