Andrew Kirkley

Cam shipping 1988 BTCC car " Rouse built "

The interior still white & the grille with a cut out for the air jack lance. Which is still there in the grille. With the style of Rouse build with cut outs in the wings & the six spoke wheels just confirms the history & then when stripping the colours appeared. 

Now there appears to be a gap from about 1992 until 2000 where I think it probably wasn't able to race in any race series so was laid up in a garage or something in Asia 

Now comes the return to the UK where it was bought off a london garage forecourt by Christian Waite it was with the help of his brother in law stripped back to the shell & painted yellow. Now I have some pictures of this but they are very small so I apologise now. 

As you can see it was yellow EVERYWHERE but very clean & modified to current ( 2000 ) race standard & it was raced by Christian in the " Formula Saloons " championship. I have some pictures of how the car compares to the ICS car. Then there's a couple of the car when I first bought it. 

Christian sold the car to Martin wren who then done refurb on almost every part of the car including a engine check by Graham Goode. It was whilst at Grahams that Martin met Alister who realised that he had been flown out to Singapore to mechanic on a Rouse car that was doing car park races & took the pictures of the car ( with the great shot of the chassis plate that confirms its the same car ). Martin put the car back together but due to a unfortunate motorbike accident found the group A car to difficult to keep control of with the restriction of his bad arm. So reluctantly sold it on. I fortunately through a friend of a friend got to hear about it. After a viewing we done a deal & it became mine in 2003.