Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew Kirkley

Cam shipping 1988 BTCC car " Rouse built "

113 posts in this topic

Well it's that time of year again !! Off with the covers & a full check over !! First for a show then for a track day :-) & yes mark whilst it's on the ramp I'll line the exhausts up for a photo for you luv ! X any other pictures whilst I've got on the ramp sweetness ;-) lol

Regards Andy

Well I am pleased to say that a very good friend / racer has kindly lent me a gearbox. I am very grateful as I've been able to do the Silverstone classic media day where I had Andrew Jordan driving the car with very good comments on its performance & speed considering it is a original car. It will be a feature in the near future in motoring news. So please keep your eyes peeled lol. I also had a great time up in Scotland with Paul doing ford live at knockhill great fun & Mr L had a spin in the old girl see what he thought !! Well the main thing he came back with it complete & plenty of side ways action out of the hair pin lol. Now for the future a few races & track days ..... & get my own gearbox too ! I'll sort out some pictures too. 

Regards Andy 

Looks fantastic Andy, real credit to you! 

Whats your plans this year?

Have you changed anything else to the car from original?

Hi Kieran not much will be changed had to fit new master switch & fire extinguisher battery connector but have engine & gearbox rebuilds still on going . Hoping to have a spare engine so I can put the original rouse spec.  (500 block & original head ) to one side.  Shall be at autosport show at the start of the year which should be great with a large collection of touring rs500's !

andy

Just now, E3 APC said:

Once again many thanks for letting me take a seat inside. Great to meet you and chat about the car late on Sunday. 

I was overwhelmed by the smell inside! If you could bottle it and sell it, it was be an amazing magic tree, 'eau de rs500s' !

Andy...

IMG_0813.JPG

IMG_0848.JPG

Well it's now March & already the year has been really busy. It's been nice to do the shows & have lovely feed back about my own car & everyone else's that have been present. The next event will be one of the high lights of the year being The 75th Goodwood Members Meeting where there will be a large group of " Group A " cars out together could be 10 RS 500's so plenty of photograph opportunity's. Silverstone classic should be good as usual etc I'll try & get a list up of events for the year so may be we can have some visitors. 

Regards Andy

1 hour ago, Andrew Kirkley said:

Well it's now March & already the year has been really busy. It's been nice to do the shows & have lovely feed back about my own car & everyone else's that have been present. The next event will be one of the high lights of the year being The 75th Goodwood Members Meeting where there will be a large group of " Group A " cars out together could be 10 RS 500's so plenty of photograph opportunity's. Silverstone classic should be good as usual etc I'll try & get a list up of events for the year so may be we can have some visitors. 

Regards Andy

That will be great Andy, look forward to hearing where the cars will be out and about, any news on the cars racing in any series this year??

cheers Paul.