Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andrew Kirkley

Cam shipping 1988 BTCC car " Rouse built "

113 posts in this topic

I have owned,raced & maintained this car since 2003.

I brought it from a friend of a friend & it was already yellow !! He bought it of a guy by the name of Christian waite Who had picked it up from out in Malaysia,

Christian then stripped it and nut & bolt rebuilt it ! Then painted it in its present colour !

It is still in 1988 spec except for modern day safety requirements. ,,Eg roll cage seat belts fire extinguisher exhaust silencing etc,,

. It is a Andy Rouse Engineering built car with chassis number ARE0388 built in April 1988,  it was driven by Laurence Bristow, ( More well known as the driver of one of the Labatts cars )

Lawrance  shared the 1 hour race at donnington park with Tim Harvey & got the cars best result that year of second !!

The car is one of the most origonal BTCC Cars left today and is still used as it should be and gives me the thrill that only a GEN RS500 car can

I will try to post pictures of it's original livery and its present colour.

Regards Andy

Can't find many pics of this car in its original livery.

Here it is on Silverstone in 88:

4121101007_a104679477_o.jpg

Any chance this car will be back in its original colours Andy?

Hello Andrew

Lovely looking Group A Sierra!!

I had a real good look at this at Ford Fair and looked amazing real credit to you to keep the car going!

Have you ever thought about respraying in the original 88 livery?

Yes have thought about respray back to original colours but would I then still race it ? That's the problem will be at ford fair so come & see me and if I can I'll take as many as I can out & if your feeling brave you can have a go !! I've also got loads more photos so I will get them on here to.  Andy

Hi Andrew,

Do you have any pics of the Rouse style steel rear arms on your Sierra?

On my TDR Sierra it came with mag arms and I want to replace with original steel type.

I assume Terry Drury Racing would have used Rouse parts.

I'm particularly interested in the inner pivot with the aluminium block(with spherical bearing) bolted to it.

There seems to be 2 lengths of these.

Does yours use the extended pickup point on the beam? (RS500 modification)

Thanks for your help

Carl Muller

Yes have thought about respray back to original colours but would I then still race it ? That's the problem will be at ford fair so come & see me and if I can I'll take as many as I can out & if your feeling brave you can have a go !! I've also got loads more photos so I will get them on here to.  Andy

Hello Andrew

Yea that would be the problem if it's too mint you wouldnt want to give it the full beans as its not cheap for a respray!

Do you race in any championships anymore?

I'm not sure if you remember but I saw you on the way home from classic silverston I was the ediot in the white Audi trying to take photo while going down the A5 at Milton Keynes! Made my day to see it as I looked everywhere at silverston! Photos won't work so can't put them up.

I will take you up  on the offer of a passenger ride haha keep up the good work fella

Kieran

Yes can sort out some pictures of the rear beam the inner alloy block can be moved above or below the pivot point so you don't need a load of different length bolts just move the spacers to adjust camber !! 4 mm of adjustment = 1 degree of camber but don't forget as you adjust ride height it also moves camber so have different thickness of shims to get it right now I'll try to post a number of pictures pointing at the adjustment points

Sorting out my pics from the net and found this nice close up shot in period, and a good one on track one as well  :)

0014.jpg

Capturejjjghjhjhj.jpg

and giving it some beans at the classic  8)

yuuutyutyuy.jpg

nice pics Paul, just think, next year might see few 500s out racing again, I have got some pics on Andy Lloyds car somewhere, from 97/98 up at Brands, when it was still red and white trackstar colours.

Keep checking Carl I can now put the rear suspension arms etc so you can see them and ask away can explain easier when we are both looking at the same thing !!  :D

Andy