Sign in to follow this  
martin johnston

WOLF SIERRA HWRT 1987 005

a little update on the 99275 hwrt 1987 005 wolf racing sierra , it is definitely the genuine wolf/ ford germany race car as confirmed by uwe wolf and his father who built it. it started off as thought as a mercur xr4ti and campained in germany with some success and was converted to full RS500 spec in late 1987 into 1988. it was at this time it had the above numbers designated as they had built 4 more RS500's and then set about converting the wider track xr4ti.

a little update on the 99275 hwrt 1987 005 wolf racing sierra , it is definitely the genuine wolf/ ford germany race car as confirmed by uwe wolf and his father who built it. it started off as thought as a mercur xr4ti and campained in germany with some success and was converted to full RS500 spec in late 1987 into 1988. it was at this time it had the above numbers designated as they had built 4 more RS500's and then set about converting the wider track xr4ti.

But what car are you talking about ?

Martins or the Marlboro car  :o

Martin's car the marlbo car was not a works race car but wolf had worked on it as a customer car and fitted parts at their work shop  in Germany.

I QUESS YOU HAVE SEEN BOTH CARS WITH YOUR OWN EYES ??

PLUS IM INTERESTED AS TO WHAT YOU CLASS AS " WORKS CARS " ?

lol , i guess you're trying to get me to take the hook !! he he .

i have traveled 1500 miles to see the bloke whole built the cars and if ford germany gave them the parts to build the cars with the ford name on them then i recon that is a works car don't you. the other car is a propper car ( as in all the right bits) just not one that wolf took to a meeting and entered. over to you my man .. :)

lol , i guess you're trying to get me to take the hook !! he he .

i have traveled 1500 miles to see the bloke whole built the cars and if ford germany gave them the parts to build the cars with the ford name on them then i recon that is a works car don't you. the other car is a propper car ( as in all the right bits) just not one that wolf took to a meeting and entered. over to you my man .. :)

The only ever " WORKS "cars were Eggmo Texaco cars mate , just because a car has eggmo parts doesnt make it a " works " car

Anyone could buy Parts from Eggmo to build a car , these were simply FORD 909 off the shelf parts , but due to being very expensive most made there own , there are however quite a few builders who did buy FORD 909 parts from eggmo , but none of there cars are classes by them or anyone else as " works cars "

So your another one who has " spoke " with a bloke , this bloke who hasnt seen either car to say 100% what is the original car  ::)

I spoke with a bloke once who swears he is elvis , but i havent seen him in the flesh so must presume he is Elvis then ?

I cant comment on what car is the real car until i have seen both cars ,

Lets all wait and see as the truth always comes out in the end  :)

Lets hope Martins is proven to be the real car , as its nice to have real cars in our country  :)

9:35  the  malboro  car,,,,,,,,  in  hilclib  to  portugal  ,  the  same  ,intentical  engine  have  the  sierra  rs500  team  luigi    (http://www.rscosworth.it/foto%20114.htm)    so  conclusion,,,,,,  its  clear    wolf      or  customers  cars  ,  i  have  magazines  off  thats  period  1988  89    the  whyrth    , car  is    98%  intentical,,,    so  long  i  can  find  a  video  or  foto  to  oberman,s  car  in  race  ,,,, 

Great to see it out and about back then  :)

So it looks as if it started life as the Luigi car then  8) maybe these are all one in the same below then in various schemes and 3dr/RS500 format through the years

fsdsdfdsg_zpsf42e7985.jpg

Team1988_24012013_zps92f618a6.jpg

rs500v_zps5f0c41e2.jpg

ballotlenacremerricci_zps422338a8.jpg

10_zps774fb98b.jpg

The Marlboro car certainly has all the right bits, its very high spec, and produced to a very high standard. I very much doubt its a bitsa as has been implied.

muzeum_lany_foto-022_zpsf2478140.jpg

muzeum_lany_foto-023_zps43779a4e.jpg

muzeum_lany_foto-024_zps829972a2.jpg

muzeum_lany_foto-025_zps20e3149b.jpg

muzeum_lany_foto-030_zps378d3afe.jpg

That looks 100% correct to me also Paul

I wouldnt put a penny on a bet that it isnt a real deal car

Stunning car! It looks to have a restrictor on it so must be one of the later European cars possibly 89,90, this is what they did to stop the 500's by winning so much?

I thought that as well Lee, maybe added during its hillclimb days?

I would hazard a guess martins is the early version of 005 and the Marlboro is the later one.

I would " quess " that 005 was reshelled at some time in its life and Martins car is the old shell

Its funny how the people who sold Martin his project cars were pretending to be the sellers of the Marlboro car , yet didnt own the car or had permission to advertise it .

This would also account for the stunning condition of the Marlboro car

Martins shell is a Merkur , this proves it to be a very early car , was it ever run as a 500 ? maybee the car was reshelled when the car was converted to a 500 , hence the 2 shells with the same number .

Im sure the story will come out one day

Team1988_24012013_zps92f618a6.jpg

This is not one of the Wolf (customer) cars. It's an ex early Rouse car, if you look closely it has the blue / greyish rollcage of the ICS cars.

You have better eyesight than me Roy :-) some of those are different, such as the wing insert etc when I looked a bit closer they just seem to share the same sponsors.

The Marlboro has the double side intrusion bar on the drivers side which I believe was the later spec from 89 on

Hey more RS500 touring cars the merrier, I imagine Pauls idea is closer to the mark

Hi Jim

Couldn't find Elvis anywhere on the M40 stretch near you ?? But how was he dressed like he was when doing a concert or like out of one of his films ?? Same guy different out fit not sure what he's wearing until he sings then he's the real thing !! Let me know very worried Andy  :o

If martins car is apparently a Marlboro how is it now painted in wurth colours? Excuse my stupidity if iv missed something!

Interesting that the one Marlboro car pictures above was once the 87 rouse ics car as I thought they were converted to rs500 spec towards the end of the season 87? The car above is a 3 door. I know graham Goode was first to run an rs500 in btcc maybe rouse waited until 88 due to competing in European rounds in 87 also?