Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Kirkley

The rest of the season

Hi all, after a good show we are looking forward to brands hatch in July a few jobs to be done some more obvious than others :-). I hope the rest of the guys that were at thruxton can get there cars sorted & others there's finished to be there too. With regards to the Silverstone classic we are struggling to find the money to allow us to do it :-( we are desperately looking for sponsorship if any one out there can help, please leave a message it would be appreciated I'm sure tickets etc can be sorted plus cups of tea etc ( we need to sort entry Tyres & fuel )

Regards Andy

Hi kieran, the rear damage wasn't to bad so a easy fix. But the costs are what's killing us for the Silverstone classic eg £1000 entry plus about the same for Tyres & fuel to get car there plus running it about £500 ! But a week later at national day then a run out in the car during the track time could be a insentive for some backing ..... !

All the best    Andy

Hi kieran, the rear damage wasn't to bad so a easy fix. But the costs are what's killing us for the Silverstone classic eg £1000 entry plus about the same for Tyres & fuel to get car there plus running it about £500 ! But a week later at national day then a run out in the car during the track time could be a insentive for some backing ..... !

All the best    Andy

good god! £1000 entry ?,plus fuel,tyres,travel costs.  was going to enter this but now im not so sure .can think of better things to spend a grand on , am i out of touch a bit or is this the norm nowadays?

what price is entry for other tracks etc?

On the subject of justifying costs the next round at brands was first moved to it's present date to clash with goodwood festival of speed !! Nice move mr palmer !! Goodwood would win every time !! But now hscc or who ever has decided on a single race instead of a double header !! Can't justify or afford this so I'll catch up with everyone at RS national day & Silverstone classic !

Hi Andy

I am sorry to hear that but I totally understand complete madness !! Andy you know my feelings regarding the clash with the Festival of speed I cannot be in two places at once !!! god only knows why they moved the dates to clash with FOS and only one race at Brands Hatch !!!

Cheers Jim

A real shame about the clash

I understand its now a double header again tho ?

good news but maybee still a little late in the day for some , plus the clash with FOS is just complete madness

See you all at rsoc ND and silverstone classic  :)

Let's hope we have good weather for this coming weekend & no mishaps like poor Andy !! Left a bad taste in my mouth when I saw andys car :-( let's hope it's a straight forward repair & steve & Andy with Paul L parts bin can sort it out :-). Good luck guys Andy k & crew