Sign in to follow this  
RS 500 Registrar

Group A wheel bearings

Please help guys

I need a full set of wheel bearings for DJR2

Has anyone any tips ?

regards Paul

Are they the same as rouse cars? as I have full set and can give you the numbers !! The fronts were £90 each ! Taper bearings using a spacer system to take up the slack with a castle nut behind the hub,two Allen grub screws to lock it in place with a gubilee clip around them stopping them coming out !! But we can't afford just to through a thick oil on them & change them after every session ! So a goey grease is used that needs the bearing adjusted to keep free play right after a run !! Time consuming instead of money !!

Hi Paul. Sorry not to get anything quicker together for this subject !! Am stripping it all & photoing it over this weekend & will may be have some pictures if not at the same time but later next week on another group 'A'  RS 500 !!  Andy k

Isn't it very refreshing to have someone like Andy on here that all he really wants to do is help people find stuff and get stuff made for people instead of arguing the toss over shit.........

Cheers Jim

Yes Jim that's the ones !!  ;D they cost me £90 each I've got 4 enough for both sides. But there again enough people interested with a bigger order they're be a lot cheaper ! I'm just frustrated that this wasn't all happening 9 years ago when it cost me a fortune buying the bits individually at top price  :'( but at least I can help with what is needed saving everyone the hassle ! Lol

Andy

Andy

You have some great contacts and some great information on all these parts thank you so much for sharing with us as it will make things much easier.....for all of us..

Cheers Jim

fronthub_zpsebe4e3ab.png

The break down of the front wheel bearing :- from the bottom - the flange face - oil seal with a spacer inside for it to run on - then a taper bearing ( ref the bearing number earlier I gave ). - then a big spacer with shims - then the other taper bearing - then a oil seal with a spacer inside for it to run on - then the castle nut to pinch it all with two grub screws to lock it off.  That's the break down of the front hub bearing the most important bit is to get the spacing in between the taper bearings because you do the castle nut up tight & it's the spacer that stops it locking up !!!!

Andy