Sign in to follow this  
RS 500 Registrar

RS500 Group A race car wanted

Im sure most of you who know me well will be aware i have been looking to buy a gen rs500 group A race car for some time

Sadly i just seem to be in the right place at the wrong time and just cant get hold of one  :(

Please help me live the dream and get my hands on the real deal

Im looking for a car thats a well know car , doesnt have to be a major front runner but must be a known car with a little bit of history

Im not bothered if its a BTCC car or a auss car or whatever as long as its a known car

If you have anything or know of anything then please please give me a call

Regards Paul

01944 710369 / 07759 729390

p.linfoot601@btinternet.com

I didn't chat long enough to get to the bottom of that Lee. I know Jame at fast Ford was keen for a feature on the Saff.

I spent a bit of time talking to Dave about set up and how he managed to get 235's on the front with such abundant clearance!

Dave's Sierra has clearly seen some action. I don't recall seeing any pics of it as it stands now. Did it look like that originally?

Cheers

Iain

I seem to recall the white ones was wiped out and the black car replaced it. Its has seen a lot of action over the years, the price seems to rise each time he says its for sale.

I didn't realise he had bought the saff back, when I was there last he told me he had sold it years before and it had cost a fortune to build with special alloy suspension, but never found any form.

He has a warehouse full of bits still

I didn't ask as I don't have the funds to back up the enquiry!

Dave explained to me he did all his own chassis prep etc. He said said at Thruxton he ran 9degs neg camber and only had to brake twice each lap!

Cheers

Iain

That seems about the right price these days? A couple of years back I read an interview in one of the classic car mags about Dave Brodie and he stated in the interview that he still has a btcc Sierra and would never part with it.

It had a for sale sign on it as far back as the anniversary at Rs national day.

Just hope my numbers come up tonight!î—

I have been trying to buy Daves car for about 3 years now

The black car is 100% the old white car

In 1989 Lawrance bristow spun Graham goode and Dave hit him head on , this was the last race of the year in 1989 , Daves car was then stripped and rebuilt for 1990 and cam back black ( Had the famous sticker  " Back in black " on the rear )

First time i tried to buy it he wanted 75k ( i offered 60k )

Then i tried again and it was 90k

Third time it was 100k

Last time ( about 6 months ago ) 125k

He obviously doesnt realy want to sell it , lol

That clears that one up then. Great car but it's pretty obvious he doesn't really want to sell. Maybe he's just putting a for sale sign on to keep his mrs happy! He still enjoys using it by the looks. His sapphire is a mad looking thing to, I assume this was the 1991 car n/a that he did a few rounds in?

That clears that one up then. Great car but it's pretty obvious he doesn't really want to sell. Maybe he's just putting a for sale sign on to keep his mrs happy! He still enjoys using it by the looks. His sapphire is a mad looking thing to, I assume this was the 1991 car n/a that he did a few rounds in?

Great caracture is Dave Brodie and a real race legend , but i think he just like the fact people want the car so when anyone shows interest the price goes up so theydont buy it , lol

shame as i would love the car and restore it back to when it was white 

Yeah he's a great caracture, remember him ranting that only andy rouse was any good in the btcc at one round and at the anniversary at donnington some guy was walking around with the damaged bonnet of andy rouses 1990 ics car getting all the drivers to sign it, he asked Dave and Dave said yes but if I see u putting this on eBay and fetching loads of money I won't be happy! Lol