Sign in to follow this  
Andrew Kirkley

re mounting the alternator away from the turbo

SL382707_zps59c92b04.jpg

hi guys heres something that may help, not seen this on many cars ?

if you bolt the alternator mounting bracket upside down then the alternator is a lot lower = away from the HOT turbo then mount the adjusting bracket off the sump more pictures if it helps just ask  :D

andy

Andy

That looks like a very good thing to do how much further away will it make it ?

Andy I will give you a ring this morning just for a chat and a catch up sorry I missed your call yesterday

Cheers Jim

About 100 mm I should think jim I have a picture of your car with the alternator in the normal position & of mine with it down. I can do that to night on my computer at home ! BUT what it also does is give a lot better access to the intercooler from the pressure side of the turbo  :D so better flow the only arse is turning the turbo outer casings to get the best angles but keeping the core in the right position eg oil return facing towards the sump connecting pipe ....... Many a swear word has passed my lips doing that arse of a job. nothing better than being in silverstones carpark 2 am in the rain doing that so the car can test that morning on a White rs500 used to be owned by Oakfields do u know the one  ;) lol

Andy