Sign in to follow this  
RS 500 Registrar

The CMS ETCC car

Paul I have tons of them as I missed out on it when it was for sale two years ago for 30k euros. Its been heavily thundersalooned, I have before, during conversion and after pics

Give me half hour and I will post them up.

I'm sure I have some more pics Paul L, I'll search for them tomorrow :)

Paul S, did the car actually had any succes in it carreer? I can't remember much from it.

I'm sure I have some more pics Paul L, I'll search for them tomorrow :)

Paul S, did the car actually had any succes in it carreer? I can't remember much from it.

I dont think so Roy but boy did it get around. Between us both we seem to find most of the touring car pics out there on the net :)

i remember this car being up for sale on e bay not so long ago, didnt realise the history it has, thought it was a motorsport shell or road car fitted with the horrible thunder saloon kit.

when i asked andy rouse about the car last time it was for sale,

which was only about six months ago,  he said he had nothing to do with it,

maybe just a few rouse based parts,

quote from andy, copy of the original e/mail

Hi Martin,

I am very well thank you, hope you are too.

I have never heard of this CMS RS 500.  In 1986 we only built 4 Sierra Cosworth race cars and two of those were converted Mercurs from the year before.  The only racing person I used to know in Sweden was Chris Simonson who was a Capri racer back in the mid '70s.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Kind regards

Andy Rouse

when i asked andy rouse about the car last time it was for sale,

which was only about six months ago,  he said he had nothing to do with it,

maybe just a few rouse based parts,

quote from andy, copy of the original e/mail

Hi Martin,

I am very well thank you, hope you are too.

I have never heard of this CMS RS 500.  In 1986 we only built 4 Sierra Cosworth race cars and two of those were converted Mercurs from the year before.  The only racing person I used to know in Sweden was Chris Simonson who was a Capri racer back in the mid '70s.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Kind regards

Andy Rouse

Martin

thats strange as when me and you spoke about this car at race retro near  2 years ago you told me that Andy told you it was a complete rouse kit that he supplied for this car

Plus the car wasnt built in 86 , clearly obvious as its built to late 88 / 89 spec , Plus the pics i have of the car clearly show ALL parts are in fact rouse spec parts

Maybee Andys old age is effecting his memory , lol

the proof will be clear to see when this car turns out again 

:)

To be fair does it really matter anyway , the car has a very good race history inc bathurst etc etc , as Paul says , this car has probably been raced in more countries than any other rs500 ever built ]

8)

paul dont remember that

all i know is i asked rouse about the CMS car

he said it was not one of his,

he did tell me once that he sold about 30 plus kits all round the world,

which was suspention and engine with all parts except cage to be built locally with an instruction manual,

and maybe he does not know who the kit went to,

i remember the car at bathurst,

so it does have some good history,

are you going to restore it back to original 500 spec,

paul dont remember that

all i know is i asked rouse about the CMS car

he said it was not one of his,

he did tell me once that he sold about 30 plus kits all round the world,

which was suspention and engine with all parts except cage to be built locally with an instruction manual,

and maybe he does not know who the kit went to,

i remember the car at bathurst,

so it does have some good history,

are you going to restore it back to original 500 spec,

Its not my car Martin

Im just asking for info on cars i know of to build a database  :)

We were at Race retro show , the year i had my caltex car there , the same year this car was on display in the auction area for sale , I asked you what you knew about it and you say Andy told you it was one of his kits

;)

The period photos do seem to show all the significant Rouse traits, I imagine he was rather busy in the late 80s so maybe it was handled by one of his managers.

Here is another Rouse customer car to compare it to

0703241-1.jpg

89no13shimizudunloprs7.jpg

hi

can anyone pm me as to where the cms car is as i have a freind who wants to get involved with the racing is this car for sale........ seems to be also i dont use any other web sites so if you could put the word out for me that would be great

ian

checked my 1988 bathurst book,

and says it was a rouse kit built by cms in sweded, page77

retired on lap 6  ( turbo ) running with 21 on the side

its debut was  silverstone trophy where it retired early, waterpump.

Exactly what you told me at race retro Martin

Maybee its your old age thats the problem  :-*

The car was moving up the field quite quick before the turbo blew so could have done well if it hadnt have broke down

Ian I have had a good search through few web sites, can't see the car for sale anywhere anymore, it was up for sale for while, like said in earlier post, was even on e bay for while, guess it must have been sold.  Or just put away.

Cheers Paul.

If I had the spare cash then the Yacco car in France would be the one I would be off to inspect, potential buyers seem to be concentrating on its later post egmo, customer life but I am pretty sure its originally a Texaco car. That is if its still for sale as its been awhile since I last enquired.

If I had the spare cash then the Yacco car in France would be the one I would be off to inspect, potential buyers seem to be concentrating on its later post egmo, customer life but I am pretty sure its originally a Texaco car. That is if its still for sale as its been awhile since I last enquired.

Paul

its not a texaco car mate

I have checked  ;)

Thats a pity.

It looked to have all the important factory eggenberger traits rather than just being a kit of supplied parts, and is black inside, I dont think they built customer cars until after the contract with Ford/Texaco expired and all those then built had body coloured interiors, only ex Texaco converted/refurbed cars stayed black inside.

Maybe is was originally based on a spare shell that was already painted black. There were two Yacco cars and they were different specs, could be I am mixing them up, I was sure it was the black interior one that was for sale, maybe its the other one.

Thats a pity.

It looked to have all the important factory eggenberger traits rather than just being a kit of supplied parts, and is black inside, I dont think they built customer cars until after the contract with Ford/Texaco expired and all those then built had body coloured interiors, only ex Texaco converted/refurbed cars stayed black inside.

Maybe is was originally based on a spare shell that was already painted black. There were two Yacco cars and they were different specs, could be I am mixing them up, I was sure it was the black interior one that was for sale, maybe its the other one.

Paul

unless specificly asked for , all egmo cars were black everywhere other than the outside , its almost a trade mark

The other Yaco car is a fornarge ( spelling ) car