Sign in to follow this  
ian g

group a bbs wheels

Ian, there is a guy in Gloucester making new centres if that helps, and Image can supply inners and outers, or the company in Germany below.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AGS-Ford-RS-500-M3-3-Piece-Magnesium-Wheel-Centres-/181020086075?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyre_Trims_Trims_ET&hash=item2a25a34f3b

http://www.titanium-touch.com/felgenringe_sterne_uk.html

The fella who bought my set did start on some cnc copies but said they are too expensive to make for customers.

Aly on here has cornered the market in originals, BBS still sell them as well.

Not seen any for sale for a while

Hi Ian and Paul

I have spoken to the guys at BBS in Germany to send the wheels back to them they charge you £50 to X-ray them strip them and put them back together with new bolts...

Obviously if there is something wrong with them you would have to pay for the new parts...

Ian I know you are looking for wheels but it's just if you have some you could have them checked Best to be safe than sorry..

Cheers Jim

I have had three types over the years, its the lightweight sprint ones that seem to crack in the webs.

They have a very thin outer section where the bolts go through, and are hollowed out where the hub section is.

The next type are about 5mm thicker at the outer edge but still have the hollowed hub section.

The strongest ones I had were I believe the Eggeneberger spec endurance ones. They have inserts rather than just being threaded into the metal in the 20 outer holes and the centre hub is solid. Quite a bit heavier.

I guess they just evolved over the years, but look very much the same at first glance.

Last quote I heard of was around £3.5K from BBS for a set of 4 complete, but they only make them in batches so there can be a bit of a wait. They dont do the 18" version any more as they stress the centres apparently.

www.racecarsdirect.com is a good place to ask around for used inners and outers

paul thanks got in touch with your contact we have got 4 new centres from him they are the mag type but thats all he has in stock he is waiting for more orders so he can batch manufacture them if anyone is interested we could order them together maybe get a better price

jim i would be up for sending the wheels for xray think it would be a good idea i only have 2 sets at the moment 16inch one set new one used do you konw the turn around time

i am still looking for some 17inch sets of wheels or even just a wheel on its own  (we have them in sets of 5 or 6 just in case of a punture during testing depending on direction and size/offset front to back)

I believe the motorsport section of BBS has been through a few owners recently, they used to deal direct to the public, so must have had a change of policy.

Good to hear the guy in Gloucester was of help, I have not had any dealings with them, just spotted their advert on ebay

I imagine there are enough owners in need to make a group buy an option now more cars are coming out of the woodwork.

There was a company in Aus making centres in Ali but I never tracked them down, Paul L might have contact info though as he had an Ali set, not sure if they were from the same place as Tony at Touring car spares was the UK contact for those ones.

These guys can probably help as well regarding x ray and re-chromating mag wheels

http://www.mb-racingwheels.com/

It might even be worth speaking to Mathew here, he is the owner :-

http://www.omegadesignsolutions.co.uk/

He bought my nearly new ones but then cnc machined up a set instead in ali for his track car, he may still have them, I know he was thinking of selling the BBS ones a while back.

If there is enough interest he could possibly be persuaded to run off another batch of cnc centres as the programming work will already have been done

hi paul

thank you very much great information i will contact them both tommorow look forward to meeting everyone as soon as

will anyone be going to autosport on the thursday/friday maybe we could meet up

hi jim

just said to paul great information would we just send the centres across i need to either find some old wheels or buy new i will let you know how i get on but for future referance we would send them after a seasons racing anyway will you be at autosport thur/friday if you want to meet or i would ike to see the car close up

Hi Ian

I will need more wheels as well soon ... Hope BBS start to make some more soon they told me they are going to make some more as they have had a lot of interest ..

Autosport show what day are you going to be there or are you there both days ?

As I need to try and get a flight back to the UK .

Cheers Jim

hi jim

i have some centre locks which i can lend you if you get stuck 16 and 17inch but they are not bbs i will be at autosport on thursday but would go down on friday if anyone is going

ian 

Hi Ian

That is very kind of you regarding lending me some wheels. If I get stuck I will send you a message thanks.

I will check dates for autosport show as I would like to come up and meet you and everyone else.

When is your new cars coming ?

Cheers Jim

i can supply new bbs wheels,

they are made to order,

been dealing with them for years, and have bought lots of sets and new wheels and centre lock wheel nuts ect,

also may have some used ones,

martin

How many have you got Martin ?

And how much are they...

Mine came from Martin originally  :) probably those silver ones in the pic. I thought you had cleared them all out once you sold the cars ?

Whoever bought the Bastos car now has a few spares as well  8)

Aluraumlder.jpg

i got craig  ( brookland owner)  a few sets of new complete 17" by 9" about six months ago,

and he also bought new bbs wheel nuts,

can get you a price if you are serious,

dont have many spare used ones as i need them for my own cars,

but will have some spares, will have to check,

Yes Martin can you please get a price for me I know Ian that is on here is looking for wheels as well......

Cheers Jim

hi martin

sorry just got back today so as i understand it you have some old bbs but need them for your car

as for new ones you are acting as an agent for bbs so you cant put the contact on here

would you want paid in euros or pounds is there any vat

will you be racing your wolf cars as it will be great to see them out there racing

thanks ian