Sign in to follow this  
PAUL S

Moonstone Blue

Nice one Paul, and I must say, what a stunning Moonstone RS500 behind yours in couple of those Silverstone Classic photo's... was a bit dirty there, but must almost be as shiny as yours now.

And as Paul L says, great right up.

Great story Paul this new section is going to be very popular.

Didn't realise your car was from w h baker, I live half a mile up the road from bakers, can remember all the old rs's in the show room, never seen a 500 there but I remember seeing a rs200 at one point there. I still have a w h bakers banner some where that was stuck in the show room window at one point.

My dads mate worked for elstons of Brecon and purchased a moonstone 500 off them when they had finished with it as their demonstrator.

Nice one Paul, and I must say, what a stunning Moonstone RS500 behind yours in couple of those Silverstone Classic photo's... was a bit dirty there, but must almost be as shiny as yours now.

And as Paul L says, great right up.

Paul, yours was one of the ones that got away, Ash beat me to it, so glad its gone full circle and back with you now  ;D

Great story Paul this new section is going to be very popular.

Didn't realise your car was from w h baker, I live half a mile up the road from bakers, can remember all the old rs's in the show room, never seen a 500 there but I remember seeing a rs200 at one point there. I still have a w h bakers banner some where that was stuck in the show room window at one point.

My dads mate worked for elstons of Brecon and purchased a moonstone 500 off them when they had finished with it as their demonstrator.

Lee, I know, what are the chances of that, after 25 years it ended up back within a stones throw of the dealer. The bonus was I managed to get it back on its original 500 number plate which was a Cardiff issued one, my home city ;D

Has Moonstone always been your fav colour Paul S??  Got to admit, its my least fav colour of the 3, "E55 DGU" White RS500 with the gold wheels always made me want white, but think black looks stunning when all polished up.

Has Moonstone always been your fav colour Paul S??  Got to admit, its my least fav colour of the 3, "E55 DGU" White RS500 with the gold wheels always made me want white, but think black looks stunning when all polished up.

No me neither, always liked them in white but all my 3drs had been white so fancied a change, its really grown on me now though and seems to be the most popular colour for RS500s by non owners wanting one these days.

With the blacks, in my mind the little details tend to get lost in them, and they are a bugger to keep clean, but think the Texaco cars look the business.

Favourite scheme though has always been the red DJR Shell 500s. If I do ever get around to building a race rep track version then thats the colours I would go for I think

must admit, Moonstone has grown on me again since getting 492 back, nice to lift off the cover and look at it.  sold the raceline rl7 aloys this evening, so want mint set standard wheels for it now, as i got no hope of getting any cxn's...

Nice write up Paul :)

Do you have any pictures when you've first saw the car (on internet or in real life)?

Thanks Roy, I didnt take my camera to Oakfields and the pics I had via email when I first found it were on my old computer, I will have to see if I saved them somewhere. Pretty much as you see it now just a bit dirty.

Paul

great car,  seen it at silverstone and was very impressed with how original it is , and a great story to go with it.

Good to see a new thread started for us to read on these dark wet nights

:)

Cheers Daz - your turn now  ;)

I need to get some more photos Paul , don't want to bore you with ones that you've all seen before .

How do you find out about the Tickford history on your car ? it would be nice to get that info ..... :o