Sign in to follow this  
Jim W

Eddie Lee / Icom /BBR / RS500

Jim

the rear suspension is the same as fitted to dave brodies car

Ill have a look at some pics of Andy rouse stuff and see it its exactly the same

Andy Kirkley is realy the man to ask

Paul

Paul I have spoken to Andy Kirkley he is coming over Monday for the day with his car as well

So should know more by Monday night.

Cheers Jim

Hi Jim,

This is a pic from under the 1987 Rouse ANZ Moffat RS500, here is Aus.

You can see the steel section running across the car attached to the beam at each side, Its supporting the inner pickup points of the swing arms, From your pics it seems to have a similar piece. I just cannot see as its just out of the shot.

I would be very interested to see if this is the same on Andrew Kirkley's Cam shipping RS500.

Hope this is of help 

IMG_0371.jpg

Cheers,Carl

BTW, will you race your RS500 in the YoungTimer race at the Nurbergring, I would be happy to come over and Co drive with you!! A friend of mine who races in my Group A/C series went over and raced in a M3 team, time of his life he said!

Carl thanks for the photo good to see them all ...

Would be good to do the YoungTimer race at the Nurbergring  are they going to run it next year ?

Cheers Jim

Jim what car has Andy got? is it another 500 race car, if so maybe he would be ok with you taking some pics??

How the engine coming along, all parts arrived now??

cheers Paul B

Good morning Paul Andy has got the Cam shipping car. And that is a real proper Andy Rouse car......

Cheers Jim

Hi Paul

I knew you would  know the car it is a very famous car. And it is still used all the time.

Just got off the phone from Geoff Page the pistons turned up today...

So he is now ready to assemble the whole engine and then run it on the dyno..

Cheers Jim

thats great news, you must be itching to get the engine in!!!

trated my car to a nice new set of wheels today, will try and get some pics up at weekend.

Good evening Paul

So what wheels did you buy for your car today ?

It would be good if you could get some photos of the car with the wheels on it on here But I won't hold my breath !! Lol

Yes I am really looking forward to the engine and gearbox going back in the car as soon as the engine comes off the Engine dyno the car is going back to Geoff Page. to have the engine and gearbox fitted and the engine breather system made as this is what was wrong with the car at Silverstone......

Cheers Jim

Jim due to the fact my car gets very little use, and that bbs split rims, and compomotive cxn splits never ever come up for sale, I went for set Lenso BSX alloys, so look like bbs wheels, but not splits, and not £2500 for set wheels that will only get used handful times a year, they not the real deal, but still look nice in my opinion.

Jim due to the fact my car gets very little use, and that bbs split rims, and compomotive cxn splits never ever come up for sale, I went for set Lenso BSX alloys, so look like bbs wheels, but not splits, and not £2500 for set wheels that will only get used handful times a year, they not the real deal, but still look nice in my opinion.

Paul I just looked them wheels up are they will look very nice on your car....

Cheers Jim

Thanks Jim, im pleased with the wheels and the look.  You just can't beat a rs500 road or race car on a chrome rim set wheels, simply stunning.  I had set bbs splits few years back, sold them for silly money, cheap i mean.100_0229.jpg