Sign in to follow this  
Jim W

Eddie Lee / Icom /BBR / RS500

Morning boys

Paul I think you would be mad selling your RS 500 now And paying the Mortgage off, 

As I think the car will go up a lot more than what you owe on the mortgage. Proper cars Just keep going up in value so much at the moment....

I want fresh coffee not Out of the jar.....

Great to see the side of the car in the photo At Silverstone In 2005.

(One thing I do need help with I don't know how to Reply to a message) As I've never been on a forum before.

Cheers Jim

This is the first photos After I had Collected the car From Geoff Page Racing the week before.

We have now spent a week on the car At the workshop Cleaning and painting Bits and pieces.

We want to make sure everything looks good Before the car goes back to Geoff Page Racing To have the new engine and gearbox fitted. And the new engine management system and loom.29b016047bbdc66e38bc10f6520be5dd.jpg

Jim

thanks for doing this profile on here

Funny isnt it tho how a week ago people didnt know much about the car or its history and now you have raised the profile of the car and shared its history with us

Exactly what i wanted from this website  ;D ;D ;D

Please keep the updates coming as you go

Paul

Thanks Paul

It is very true what you said a week ago not that many people would Know that much about the car. By the time they have read this much they will be sick of it.......

Cheers Jim

Fresh Coffee it is Jim, I even got my own van, so can help carriage of your bits!!!

Oh and clean your windows at same time.

And as Paul L says, never ever get bored of pics.

My life its looking stunning.

Just an update on the engine....

I have just put the phone down from Geoff Page. The bottom end of the engine is already for assembly he's just waiting for the Pistons to come from Germany. Which he thinks will be here tomorrow...

He has ordered the new engine management system from Life Racing it is a Life F88RS and a DC Loom.

http://www.liferacing.com/?page_id=124

Cheers Jim

Looking good jim, sadly I not got a clue what parts they are on your car, but it's looking great, and i'm sure other members on here will be able to let you know.

What class/championship are you going to be racing in??

cheers Paul B

Hi Paul.

Yes I think you are right there will be plenty of people that will know who made what parts.

When are we going to see some information and photos of your car ?

Regarding racing the car I am looking into it at the moment to find out what is going on next year....

I am thinking about doing the classic Rally Mallorca in March which I have done a few times before in different car's it is a very well Organise and VERY fast !! It would just be a bit of fun to take the car over there and do the rally...(I must be mad ) this is a photo I took of one of the stages it is about 13k long and fast !bb93ea858dc00c4c3f703e26fd0240df.jpg

oh my life Jim that looks awesome!!!

got lot respect for you for what your doing and what your going to do with that special car, most of us are just scared to drive our cars to a show nowadays, let alone race one.

still can't post pics....

there re some pics of my car on there already, its build 492, the "welcome home 492" thread, this is the 3rd time I have owned this particular car.

Yes Jim, I have owned build 492 3 times now, have owned 1 of my black rs500s twice... i love rs500s!!! lol.

I 1st brought 492 back in 1996 from Duncan at Automotive Unlimted, well known Cosworth people, had it for around a year, sold it to a really nice guy up in stoke on trent, he had it for few years, turned what was already a nice car, into almost concours, I brought it back off him, at the time I was working in Banking, and was Manager of an office fair distance from home, a guy had a "wanted Moonstone rs500" post on Pistonheads, I only sold in then as was looking to move closer to that office rather than the hour drive commute each way, anyway it went up to merseyside way, that owner hardly used it, I remember seeing it come up for sale again, i cant remember excactly how much he put it up for, but think his phone went crazy, so overnight he increased the price by few thousand, and "ash" brought it, he likes his cars, up until recently he had 4 rs500s, anyway I had a really nice standard white rs500 this year, but didnt like the drive of a  standard car, wanted a modded one, Paul L called me one evening to say Ash was needing a quick sale, I had the cash in the house as just sold build 400 white one.  Done Deal, car was delivered to me, and I been polishing it back up ever since..  sorry if that long winded.

Here are some of Brodies car I took at  the classic, not great as they were just point and press ones on my phone but should help identify the components.

2012-07-22103446.jpg

2012-07-22103437.jpg

2012-07-22103421-1.jpg

and this is the Labatts Rouse

2012-07-22103926-2.jpg

Just for comparison here is the pic Paul took of the GGR version recently

Listereine500023.jpg

The fact your running a Harrop diff would suggest its a BBR rear end as Rouse always used the Ford  9"

All the UK teams ran modified road car steel rear arms where as the europeans and Aussies used either mag rear arms or alloy copies.

Evenin gents,

When looking at the various photo's of race car parts, don't forget that parts from a particular team/maker can be changed and upgraded through the seasons, one years Rouse arms may be different from the next years, also a Harrop diff and the English type can be used with other manufacturers arms and associated parts, very often it was down to availability and price at the time.

Did anybody other than Rouse manufactured parts use inboard springs ?

Andy

Jim

the rear suspension is the same as fitted to dave brodies car

Ill have a look at some pics of Andy rouse stuff and see it its exactly the same

Andy Kirkley is realy the man to ask

Paul

Hi Paul

Thanks for looking I am going to give Andy Kirkley a called today he is offered to come over and have a look at the car and go through everything with me which is very nice of him. So it will be very interesting to see what Andy has to say when he sees the car......

Cheers Jim

Yes Jim, I have owned build 492 3 times now, have owned 1 of my black rs500s twice... i love rs500s!!! lol.

I 1st brought 492 back in 1996 from Duncan at Automotive Unlimted, well known Cosworth people, had it for around a year, sold it to a really nice guy up in stoke on trent, he had it for few years, turned what was already a nice car, into almost concours, I brought it back off him, at the time I was working in Banking, and was Manager of an office fair distance from home, a guy had a "wanted Moonstone rs500" post on Pistonheads, I only sold in then as was looking to move closer to that office rather than the hour drive commute each way, anyway it went up to merseyside way, that owner hardly used it, I remember seeing it come up for sale again, i cant remember excactly how much he put it up for, but think his phone went crazy, so overnight he increased the price by few thousand, and "ash" brought it, he likes his cars, up until recently he had 4 rs500s, anyway I had a really nice standard white rs500 this year, but didnt like the drive of a  standard car, wanted a modded one, Paul L called me one evening to say Ash was needing a quick sale, I had the cash in the house as just sold build 400 white one.  Done Deal, car was delivered to me, and I been polishing it back up ever since..  sorry if that long winded.

Paul that is so interesting to hear about your car you are very lucky that everybody that you sold it to previously did not wrecked the car or smash it into bits. Do you think you will keep the car this time. Lol.....

The way things are looking at the moment with these cars if you sell the car now there is a possibility it could leave the country and you may have big problems getting it back from round the other side of the world..

You would still have to view the car before you brought it back to the UK so maybe it wouldn't be that bad if you had to go to Australia to have a look at it first...ha ha ha

Cheers Jim

Hi Jim,

This is a pic from under the 1987 Rouse ANZ Moffat RS500, here is Aus.

You can see the steel section running across the car attached to the beam at each side, Its supporting the inner pickup points of the swing arms, From your pics it seems to have a similar piece. I just cannot see as its just out of the shot.

I would be very interested to see if this is the same on Andrew Kirkley's Cam shipping RS500.

Hope this is of help 

IMG_0371.jpg

Cheers,Carl

BTW, will you race your RS500 in the YoungTimer race at the Nurbergring, I would be happy to come over and Co drive with you!! A friend of mine who races in my Group A/C series went over and raced in a M3 team, time of his life he said!