Sign in to follow this  
Jim W

Eddie Lee / Icom /BBR / RS500

Here is a photo of the car at BGM Sport After they had sandblasted the whole car Fitted the new roll cage and gave her a nice few coats of diamond White. They were just starting to reassemble the car In this photograph.

1ad17502502de2834414fa96f280ba9b.jpg

Here is the car ready to go to the Silverstone classic. Back in it's original livery As it was when Eddie Lee raced the car in Macau in 1989.

Ian Donaldson of Oakfields was going to be racing it there.

4bbf57fce52d9bcf149cfa28342efa31.jpg

After the Silverstone race The car went to Geoff Page Racing For a complete engine Rebuild.

It is having New Liners New Pistons New Rods New just about everything.....we are going to fit Life Engine management system as well.

Geoff Page is just about one of the best engine builders the is Especially with turbo engines He is ex-formula 1

http://www.geoffpageracing.com/index.php

i remember seeing it parked up in the pits at Silverstone Classic, i spent hours down there on the sat afternoon, was lucky enough to be invited in to the hospitality area and chat to Dave Brodie and hear some stories of what he got up to when he was a youth, what a top man he is.

As for the pics Jim, you can probably tell by now, we love em!! specailly this time of the year, when most other cars are tucked up away under covers and in carcoons.

I'm just so pleased this car has stayed in the UK, and is in the hands of a top man willing to share it with us road going rs500 owners, and that its being properly sorted.

I have owned RS500s over 20 years now, can never remember being so pumped about the cars, I was considering selling my car and paying Mortgage off, but no way, would kill me looking on this web site, and not being able to be a part of it.

Oh and yes Jim, coffee, no problem. 

Hi Jim,

I remember your car at the 2005 RSOC National day when Martin Johnson got lots of Grp"A" sierra's together, I think it blew some oil out that day, maybe the breather system was wrong back then.

DJR1Donington20059.jpg

Andy