Sign in to follow this  
3drRich

What cars are still missing.

Evening all.

Been watching a lot of the early Btcc, etcc, wtcc vids over Xmas again and got me thinking about what group A rs500s are still actually missing?

Are all the texaco cars accounted for? 

Also I have seen what's for sale on race cars.com but any other group a rs500s about for sale? 

We currently miss one of the 6 Texaco cars. You would be amazed how many cars still exist.

One of the French Bavaria Automobiles cars is for sale. Dont think that is on racecarsdirect.

Sadly I don’t, but did a lot on work researching them. 4 of the 6 are known and all seam ligit. 1 car is a bit vague. Means 1 is missing.

I heard Martins old car was back in the UK but don’t know the owner. The one on that trailer isn’t one of the missing cars. The car Ford Germany owns is vague, it can be either be am 87 or 88 car. That would mean there should be another one.

One of the Eggenberger Moffat cars was said to be a Texaco car.

A couple of years ago , at the AGP in Melbourne,  a Sauber F1 engineer looked at the N0.10 1989 purchased car and said it was a Texaco car and he was involved in its build. I quizzed him and he seemed pretty sure. We were racing in a Group A historic event at the time. I could never confirm that story.

It has also been said that the No.9 Eggenberger Moffat 1988 purchased car was a Texaco car. That is still in New Zealand. Who knows !

Good to have you collaborating drbob ;)

That car Rich is talking about on the trailer is the #9 Moffat Eggenberger ANZ car. Both the owner and Rüdi Eggenberger told me that car ran the opening round of the 1988 ETCC at Monza as a Texaco car. After that it was sent to Moffat. However Moffat still says both his Eggenberger cars were brand new when he got them.

I would find it suspicious if the #10 1989 ANZ car was a Texaco car. We all know they ran the Texaco cars in 87 and 88. But there happend a lot of more weird things in that period. So who knows :) 

I have no idea where the Rouse 87 cars are. We do know the 1987 Moffat ANZ car of course. But Andy's BTCC cars, the red WTCC car and at least 1 more are unknown. The Moffat car was chassis 5 for 1987. That would mean there are 4 more I would say. 

I understood the red WTCC car got sold to Japan. And was driven by Andy and Naoki Nagasaka in the WTCC round at Fuji. 

1987 Spa 24h Pascal Verheuge 21.jpg

1987 Fuji Rouse Nagasaka 1.jpg

Nagasaka also drove a RHD car in 1988.

88no1trampioap5.jpg

In 1989 he drove the Dunlop liveried Rouse Sierra which was was chassis 7 of 1988.

Most of the Eggenberger build cars where black inside. The only non black inside cars I know of are the Speedware DTM, Trampio JTCC, a hill climb car that first was owned by a Swiss driver and later raced in some Italian events and a French rallycross car.

Moffats must have been one of the first Egmos to be run privately? they did not seem to start supplying customer cars until after they stopped running the Texaco team.

I guess as all there 3drs and RS500s were black inside as that's how they first start building them they just carried on that way when they started selling cars to privateers?

I don't know what is the reason for that black inside.

I do believe the Trampio car was the first EGMO customer car. That car ran almost the entire 1988 JTCC season. So that was build while they were still running the Texaco cars. The red Eggenberger car also did hill climb events in the middle of 1988. And Moffat debuted his first EGMO Sierra in April of 1988.