RS 500 Registrar

New owner of DJR 1

Hi Paul.  Greetings from Australia where I am very familiar with all of DJR Shell Ford Sierra Cosworth RS racecars. What, though, are the Grey oval stickers with the numerals on the parcel shelf/rear quarter panels?

Thank you for accepting me into the rs500owners.com community although I am not an owner of any of these special cars. Australia's loss is the U.K.'s gain and of course you must be very proud.

On 18/12/2017 at 11:04 PM, Fast Eddie said:

Hi Paul.  Greetings from Australia where I am very familiar with all of DJR Shell Ford Sierra Cosworth RS racecars. What, though, are the Grey oval stickers with the numerals on the parcel shelf/rear quarter panels?

Thank you for accepting me into the rs500owners.com community although I am not an owner of any of these special cars. Australia's loss is the U.K.'s gain and of course you must be very proud.

Hi Eddie

welcome to the forum ,,, The oval stickers are Goodwood stickers , you get these when you are invited to attend events that goodwood host

Who would have guessed all those years later that DJR1 and 2 would be sat under the same roof again, and back in Shell colours :-)

Congratulations on the purchase Paul, I never thought in a million years Andy would have parted with it. Is he heading in a different direction with his cars now? or simply buying a pipe, slippers and retiring from the scene !

Afternoon PAUL S and everybody,

I am really pleased after 21 years of ownership knowing DJR1 will be safe for another few decades with Paul and Jo, sometimes finding the right future owner is the most important consideration, this was one of those times.

The pipe and slippers aren't here just yet, I am still involved with motorsport but in an even older way, my 1913 Chalmers is regularly seen in vintage hillclimb events and covers over 3000 miles a year,

5a3e5d91858c0_Shelsley2016ChalmersBW.thumb.jpg.93643bb98e3d1462e6ef1a4bb466ca99.jpg

I also ground run a 1924 Napier Lion W12 aero engine I restored from a Vickers Virginia bomber, the oldest running example in the world.

5a3e5e1f04380_NapierLionFlyingLegends2013.thumb.JPG.c2cd7749587813c73ee01c174285bc97.JPG

I have a couple of other Edwardian car project's I am working on which will take a few year's but will be worth it.

Good luck in everything 500 and enjoy your car's.

Andy

23 hours ago, RS 500 Registrar said:

Hi

Sorry mate , i have no idea what you are talking about

Paul

Hello Paul.

Perhaps I was sending to the wrong address. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GERMAN-POSTCARD-NURBURGRING-1992-SALOON-CAR-RACING-/201984365735?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Jvqcjhvp1LPIyf0hOhgqiOaMLsE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I tried to send you this, as I thought it was the LUI car on the outside of the grid? It's ended now, but maybe you can save the photo?

Season's Greetings.

P.S. What is the best email address to get you on, PM me if you like.

The pic actually is from the 89 season. And yes it’s Pauls car that was driven by Volker Weidler at the Nurburgring GP strecke round. The Ringhausen team actually used 3 different chassis’ in 1989.

On 28/12/2017 at 7:43 PM, Mobil1 said:

Hello Paul.

Perhaps I was sending to the wrong address. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GERMAN-POSTCARD-NURBURGRING-1992-SALOON-CAR-RACING-/201984365735?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=Jvqcjhvp1LPIyf0hOhgqiOaMLsE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I tried to send you this, as I thought it was the LUI car on the outside of the grid? It's ended now, but maybe you can save the photo?

Season's Greetings.

P.S. What is the best email address to get you on, PM me if you like.

Arrr ,, yes mate i did get the email , and i bought the card ,, thank you very much

My email is

p.linfoot601@btinternet.com ,,

Thanks for the replies fellas

Im very proud to own my 2 rs500s , as most of you will know it was a dream a few years ago to own a genuine rs500 touring car , i honestly never thought i would ever get there , and now to have an eggenberger car and a DJR car is much more than i ever could have wished for

Im one very lucky fella for sure

OMG, I know i have not been on for some time , but wot a result! However , in the July issue of FAST FORD, RS500 birthday edition they said you also have a GGR 500 or has that gone.

2 hours ago, GREENY said:

OMG, I know i have not been on for some time , but wot a result! However , in the July issue of FAST FORD, RS500 birthday edition they said you also have a GGR 500 or has that gone.

Sadly i had to sell the GGR car to buy the DJR car